Have you ever thought about all the beauty this world has to offer? I don’t know if I truly have. The last 6 years of my life have been filled with stress, pain and just trying to survive. I didn’t take the time to enjoy God’s creations. They are so easy to ignore.
In the last year, I have finally come to a place I feel many of my wounds from my divorce have healed. While I will still have the scars for awhile, I have come to a place I can do more with life than just survive. Anyone that has been in survival mode knows it is hard to notice the world around you, let alone find joy.
This last week I got an amazing opportunity to go with my children to Arches National Park. WOW. Talk about the beauty of the earth. The red rock formations are spectacular. This is not my first time to the Arches. Having spent my childhood in this area I have visit the Arches several times with my family. But it had been over 20 years since I was last there. To share the experience with my own children was amazing. They love the outdoors. They could be more excited to see and hike to the different arches. Their excitement was infectious.
I have been in awe of the Moab, Utah area. It is so unique to any part of the country. I highly recommend everyone take a trip to see this area. The Arches aren’t the only thing to see. The Canyonlands National park is also in the area. There are several state parks closed by, including my favorite Dead Horse Point. The stars at night are breathtaking. I miss seeing the stars. Living in the city doesn’t allow for that kind of viewing.
I know it is hard. I know life is busy and stressful. But I encourage you to take 5 minutes today and find the joy in the world around you.
No comments:
Post a Comment